Monday 20 November 2017

Book Review: Evil games - A. Marsons


Second novel of the serie with DI Kim Stone.
Loved it! Such a great crime novel, with a main policewoman who is very intriguing in her complicated life, a serie of horrible crimes and a psycho at the back of it all.
It is really interesting to read about the manipulations that Doctor Thorne manage to achieve in this book, how her mind works and her personality is so far from anything I have never known it is just fascinating to read.
I liked the first novel of the serie, loved this second one, so I will for sure read all the other books too!
In summary, a fast pace, gripping, high tension and high adrenaline crime novel which will glue you to its pages till the end. Highly recommend it!

Books in the serie with DI Kim Stone:
Silent scream
Evil games
Lost girls
Play dead
Blood lines
Dead souls

Overall rating: 8      Plot: 8     Writing style: 8      Cover:  6



Title: Evil games
Author: Angela Marsons
Publisher: Zaffre
Pages: 448
Publication year: 2017

Plot:
When a rapist is found mutilated in a brutal attack, Detective Kim Stone and her team are called in to bring a swift resolution. But, as more vengeful killings come to light, it soon becomes clear that there is someone far more sinister at work.
With the investigation quickly gathering momentum, Kim finds herself exposed to great danger and in the sights of a lethal individual undertaking their own twisted experiment.
Up against a sociopath who seems to know her every weakness, for Detective Stone, each move she makes could be deadly. As the body count starts to mount, Kim will have to dig deeper than ever before to stop the killing. And this time - it's personal. 

The Author:
From the author's webpage directly
I discovered my love of writing at Primary School when a short piece on the rocks and the sea gained me the only merit point I ever got. I wrote the stories that burned inside and then stored them safely in a desk drawer.
After much urging from my partner I began to enter short story competitions in Writer’s News resulting in a win and three short listed entries. I self-published two of my earlier works before concentrating on my true passion – Crime.
After many, many submissions I signed an 8 book deal with Bookouture as their first crime author.
I live in the Black Country with my partner, our bouncy Labrador and potty-mouthed parrot.  My books SILENT SCREAM, EVIL GAMES, LOST GIRLS AND PLAY DEAD are all available from Amazon, Kobo and iBooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment